Tuesday, February 2, 2010

New Orleans - Marita the Vampiress (and pup)

Ok, I enjoyed Twilight and have yet to see New Moon but was EXTREMELY intrigued when I learned of a Boutique du Vampyre en New Orleans. Some questions I had: Are they open during the day? Will they sell Tiger Beat posters of Eddie Munster? Yeah, yeah, I'm dating myself. On with the tale...
Short story is Marita and all her rescued pups are awesome - and fun - and, I hesitate to say, rather normal. I had no idea what to expect upon entering Boutique du Vampyre but found, yes, once again, ANOTHER New Orleans friend. What is it with this place? How can everyone, even Vampiresses, be so friendly?
Marita, next time, drinks are on me.
(Sorry I screwed up the video clip). If I had not mucked it up, you would hear a very sweet proprietress describe how she chooses carefully the handcrafted items of her shop. No cheesy fake fangs or vials of real blood. Instead, a vampire fan who believes her customers want to have a little fun. Check it out. She's in the Quarter.







No comments:

Post a Comment

What would you like to share?